Saturday, October 11, 2014

October 6, 2014, I Only Have 10 Weeks Left

Greetings from Ajeltake,

Transfers are this Wednesday and my new companion will be Sister Chamings. She's short, white, and from Australia. My first non-islander companion, which will be new. She's been out on the mission for about a year now. I'm excited to work with her. Changes are always good. Hopefully she drives so we can share that responsibility.

I only have 10 weeks left.  I think I'm getting ready to come back.  Maybe that's because we're hanging out with Sister Crane and Sister Tofa today and they leave on Wednesday.  Sister Samuel left yesterday. We went to the airport to say goodbye to her before church.

I've been so tired recently. I stayed home one day while Sister Notise and Shimiko worked and then I worked the next day, and then I stayed home the next day...I took a big nap on Saturday before the baptism and that helped a lot. I never really felt that bad, I just need to take a little time to rest and not work myself too hard.

Lunch on Friday: Canned tuna, rice, and coconut
On Saturday evening Seiko got baptized. It was a really nice evening. I always enjoy baptisms because as frustrating as the work can be at times (or as tired as I am of companions) the baptisms are always nice and we feel like we're actually doing something.

At the baptism
Yesterday we did a split with a couple of the YW and then we went down to Lomajurok to meet up with the others.  We found them down on the beach by the lagoon and we hung out there for a while.  It's always low tide at night so we hung out and played the ukulele and pretended to dance Marshallese dances and drank coconuts.  The moon was full but the clouds were partially covering it so everything kind of glowed.  The evenings here are the best.

Chilling on the beach
Thanks for the package, mom and dad.  The dried fruit and nuts have been great.  I also got the photos.  I'm going to make copies and keep those ones safe.

Okay, that's about it.  Love you all.  Tootles.

Ellen

No comments:

Post a Comment