Monday, November 10, 2014

November 10, 2014, Marshallese Dresses Aren't Really Supposed to Be Atractive

Greetings, 

This week has been a good one.  It's still nice and warm here, although I think we're in the rainy season again.  Rain is good because it fills up our pontoons and we don't have to worry about running out.  I've heard rain water is a bit slicker and slimier than other sorts of water.  I also think it tastes pretty bland.  

We had the primary program in the branch yesterday.  They sang primary songs in Marshallese and English.  The investigators that came to church all liked the program.  They want their kids to come so they can learn it too.

I found a Marshallese dress last week.  I can't decide if it's ugly or cute.  I think it looks like a halloween dress because it's black and orange (but sister Chamings says it doesn't look like Halloween, but then again she didn't know what Halloween really was) but I like it because it's a little more fitted and less of a pillowcase style, as most Marshallese dresses are.  I also had some blue fabric that I gave to a bubu (grandma) in the branch to make me a dress, and she gave it back to me after two days.  I wore it to church yesterday.  It's a bit loose, but that's the style I guess.  Marshallese dresses aren't really supposed to be attractive.  I guess the plus side is that you can eat a lot and no one will ever know.

We started studying with the woman who's house we cleaned two weeks ago.  She's never studied with missionaries before, which is kind of odd for here, and so it's fun answering her questions.  

What else?  This is the transfer of eating grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup, but I think I've already said that.  

We're starting to practice beat!  The dances are very simple, but it always turns out to be a lot of fun.

We're starting to get tired of eating our big bag of tuna pieces.  We need some more ideas for how to cook it.  (Annie, Leanbu...think of ideas)

Tootles

Sister Butler

No comments:

Post a Comment